Effective from: July 31, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Data disclosure
- Your rights
- Your Responsibilities
- Data security
- International data transfer
- Policy changes
- Children use
- Contact us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Provisional information we collect/extract from users helps us personalize user preference and continually improve your experience on houseofdoers.com. And such information includes;
- Information you give us: this includes provisional information you enter on our site usually when filling the registration form to sign-up for our service. You can choose not to provide some of these information, but then it might results to unable to gain access to some features of our site. We make use of these information to respond to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: these are information which we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us
- Mobile: When you access houseofdoers.com, any other site we own or our subsidiaries services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, promoting search.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you sign-up for our site, and only if your browser supports such features. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preference, or contact our customer support.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect/extract your personal information either automatically or manually supplied to us by you, and use such Data for the following purposes;
- For verifying your identity;
- For verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the site or become a blogger or an influencer of the website;
- For processing your registration as a user, providing you with a login id for the site and maintaining and managing your registration;
- For providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- For facilitating communication between buyers and sellers on the site, processing transactions, and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from sellers and providing delivery services;
- For assessing account security and transaction risks of members, detecting and preventing fraud and other security incidents;
- For personalizing our communication with you based on your browsing records, equipment information we collect and your order history, and performing research or statistical analysis to improve the content
- and layout of the site, and to improve our product offerings and services, including, for example, using anonymized data for machine learning purposes;
- And also for developing, marketing, and identifying products and services that we believe you will value, including across browsers and devices, in accordance with applicable laws. Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising and promotion based upon your browsing activities, interests and preference. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent before sending you communications for marketing purposes.
We may also use your Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the scientific, research purposes, public interest, historical or statistical purposes) if and where applicable data protection laws permit this.
- Our business partners (for example, for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
- Our credit risk assessment providers to conduct a risk assessment on sellers to determine whether a seller can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal;
- Our logistics partners for providing delivery services for buyers, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for sellers;
- Our custom agents for customs clearances purposes;
- Our cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
- Our warranty service providers to offer warranty services;
- Our customer service providers to provide after-sale services; and
- Our risk control service providers to assess the security of members’ accounts and transaction risks.
These service providers must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are only permitted to use your Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their purposes.
For the purposes specified above, we may share your Data with affiliated companies at HouseofDoers LLC and/or their designated service providers, which comprises a group of companies operating leading online marketplaces in consumer and business-to-business commerce, as well as cloud computing and other services.
When we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
We may disclose your Personal Data to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the user if must use your Personal Data only for the purposes disclosed in this agreement above.
We may also disclose your Data to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We retain your Personal Data as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.
Any provisional data to the site for publication may be made publicly available on the site and therefore accessible by any internet user. You should exercise caution when deciding what information you submit to us for publication.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
We offer you access to these other parties and their websites either through the use of hyperlinks to these sites from our site or through offering “co-branded” sites in which both other parties and we share the same uniform resource locator (URL), domain name or pages within a domain name on the internet. In some cases, you may be required to submit Personal Data to register or apply for products or services provided by such third parties or co-branded partners.
You may choose to connect directly with your email service provider, your mobile device’s address book, or a social network account to import your contacts to HouseofDoers’s website. We do not store the login information for your mobile device, social network site, or email service. Finding your friends on our website helps you connect with them on our platform. For example, you can follow another member’s public activity, such as your public favorites. When you begin following another member’s activity, they will receive an email notification (if the member has consented to receive this type of email).
If you do not want your contacts to be able to find you on the website through your email address, phone number, or social networking connections, then you may change your findability through your account settings. If you do not wish to be located on the website via your name, you can remove your name and instead may use a nickname or alias as your name in your public account information.
Under the European Union (EU), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act. Yоu have the following right that we will always work to uphold our respect to your public data.
We reserve the sole right to request for deleting, erasing, or otherwise dispose-off of any of your data from the database whenever it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
The right to complain about a supervisory data authority or any other regulatory body of public data retention.
- The reserve right to request for a copy of your data which is in our possession
- The right to have your data rectified if any of your data held by us is incorrect or incomplete. Please contact our customer service for amendment in the case of misappropriation of data storage.
- The right to restrict (і.е, prevent) the processing of your data.
- The right to object us using your public, professional data for particular рurроѕе or рurроѕеѕ.
- The right to be informed about our mode of collection and use of your public, personal data.
- Users financial information is only stored on the order of the client to process future transactions. You have the right to opt-out of the option to save your financial information anytime.
- Our Email listing is done for promotional purpose only, and we do not sell your email to the third party or any of our subsidiaries.
- Our user’s demographics are stored in third-party software to ensure we give your paramount privacy concern. This Prіvасу policy should tell Yоu еvеrуthіng you nееd to know, but уоu саn always соntасt us to find out more or to ask аnу ԛuеѕtіоnѕ via the “contact us” feature.
- You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be updated, deleted, or corrected. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below (put the company support mail here).
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the alteration, misuse, or loss your personal data. And also we will store all your provisional information on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are charged with the responsibilities for keeping-safe of your password you use for accessing our website, we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website). We use the best efforts to keep your personal information secure by using SSL certificates. It is in your best interests to safeguard your data and to use firewalls, anti-virus, spyware, and other encryption methods when submitting personal information or content to us.
If necessity warranted us reasonably to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions to keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you, we would surely do so.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
So we employ you to look forward to the changes that might occur to any part of the policy and understand the differences before continuing the access of the website.
The site is not for use for users under the age of 13 years. Users below the age of 18 but above 13 years require a parent or legal guardian to read and, understand, and agree to the terms of service on the user behalf before the access and use of the site. If you don’t agree to these terms or have not obtained your parents or legal guardian consent to agree to these terms, do not access or use this site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make any complaint, please contact us by email at: